John T. Evans
John T. Evans began his legal career as an assistant district attorney in the New York County District Attorney’s Office where he served for five years. During that time he tried a number of high-profile homicide cases to verdict.
He has since tried criminal defense matters in state and federal courts.
His present legal practice focuses on the defense of clients in the medical profession. This includes not only medical malpractice defense but the successful representation of physicians in disciplinary matters before the Department of Health and Office of Professional Medical Conduct.
He has tried other serious personal injury matters on behalf of plaintiffs in the areas of products liability and complex torts. He has argued appeals in both state and federal courts.
- New York
- United States District Court: Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, B.A. 1970
- Fordham University, New York, NY, J.D. 1973
- Who’s Who in America
- Who’s Who in American Law
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- Defense Research Institute
- Federalist Society